- Please call 512-472-5646 to schedule your fit.
- Fit times are available on Monday and Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Jack and Adam’s is closed on Tuesdays.)
- Due to the demand for this service, we recommend you schedule your fit a week in advance.
- For fit related questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
James Bonney at Ironman Arizona
Our Philosophy is to focus our attention on each rider and there individual needs when it comes to obtaining a more comfortable, powerful, efficient, and aerodynamic position. Whether you’re getting ready for your first ride or trying to set a new personal record we have the education, understanding, and necessary equipment to help get you there.
Fitting Terms Defined
- “Sizing” or “Getting Measured” for a bicycle: Sizing (or getting measured) is the first step to finding the correct fitting bicycle that will work for you. Sizing involves the process of taking body measurements in order to accurately translate those numbers into the appropriate height and length of a bicycle frame. At Jack and Adam’s this is the first step in searching for the appropriate bicycle. It is always best to wear athletic or cycling attire for a sizing. There is no fee for sizing so feel free to call the shop: 512-472-5646 and tell the shop personnel that you want to schedule to get sized for a bicycle or you can walk in and ask to get sized or measured for a bicycle. We keep measurements on file for future reference if you are no quite ready to make your decision considering a particular model of bicycle.
- Fitting: Fitting is the process of actively positioning an individual to an existing or new bicycle. The process is designed around individual anatomical and mechanical standards to aid in comfort, adequate weight distribution, injury prevention, and finally absolute power for performance. Every cyclist should have a fit performed. This process assures you are safe and comfortable.
Fitting a bicycle at Jack and Adams occurs in 3 forms
- Test Ride Fit: This is a fit performed for a new bike purchase, where an individual is interested in experiencing the new bike’s relative ride quality. There is no fee associated with the test ride fit. Often the major details of a full basic fit are addressed but may require further attention to detail to correct any “stock” component that limits total comfort or accurate fitting.
- Basic Fit: The goal is to place each customer in a comfortable and bio-mechanically efficient position. This is achieved by taking specific body measurements and aligning the skeletal structure to better support the rider with consideration to the individual’s flexibility, neutral pedal alignment, optimal saddle height, saddle fore and aft, saddle to handle bar drop, and aerobar length and width.This service is typically performed for an existing bike owner on their bicycle, for a fee of $50. Additionally, this level of fit is provided for all individuals who purchase a bike from Jack and Adam’s bicycles at no cost.
- Retul Fit:Retul is the most comprehensive fitting tool available. The system uses cycling-specific 3D motion capture technology that allows for a dynamic fit. The motion of the rider can be recorded immediately while they are under normal physiologic loads on the bicycle. Retul can capture the exact moment of peak knee angle flexion, extension, hip angle, knee over foot, etc. This allows for a dynamic fit that will put you a better position because the system is recording quantitative data that cannot be accurately measured statically.Retul can also be used for new bike purchases. The system can produce a comprehensive digital report of 3D bicycle fit coordinates, and bike frame geometry. Using the digital report and Frame Finder we are able to make an accurate recommendation of frame geometry and parts.Retul 3D Motion Capture Bike Fit: $295-10 minute interview process to learn about the rider and their goals
-Biomechanical analysis of your body off the bike
-Cycling-specific strength and flexibility assessment
-3D dynamic capture of body movements
-Real-time recording of power output and physiological responses to determine optimal fit
-Digital reports of 3D and 2D body parameters, 3D bicycle fit coordinates, and bike frame geometry
An additional bicycle is priced at $150 when bikes are fit consecutively (for example road and tri/TT bikes fit back to back). Call to schedule your Retul Fit today. 512-472-5646.
Jack & Adam’s fit staff. Now, with more than 25 years of combined professional bicycle fitting and positioning experience, two degrees in sports performance, two trained USAT certified coaches, hours of wind tunnel testing, and hundreds of successful bicycle fits to their credit, Jack & Adam’s is more than ever a leading resource for bicycle fitting and positioning for Texas’ cyclists and triathletes.
Jack & Adam’s has always offered fitting for entry level and beginner road cyclists and triathletes. Jack & Adam’s co-founder, Jack Murray, has been working with beginner, elite-level, and professional athletes for years, both in-store and while serving as the head mechanic for USA Triathlon at World Championship races throughout the world. Clients of Jack & Adam’s fitting and positioning include local professional triathletes, age-group Ironman athletes, Danskin beginners, and recreational riders. With a broad range of fitting services, an extensive resume of formal and professional instruction, and a long list of satisfied fit clients, Jack & Adam’s continues to be the most friendly, experienced resource for bicycle fit and position for every level of athlete.